Trap Tank System
Special resists dispense system for wafer coaters
With our amcoss trap tank system we have developed a special, innovative, and efficient resist dispense system for use on our amcoss single wafer spin coating equipment, as well as for retrofits on other OEM coaters. It replaces conventional resist pumps by an air- or gas-driven tank which enables the handling of a much bigger resist reservoir and avoids bubble formation.
Mode of operation
The system consists of a sensor-controlled reservoir and a suck-back dispense valve. The reservoir supplies the dispense valve which is mounted near the nozzle. The resist volume is set by pressure and trigger time.
If the reservoir reaches empty level the tool can still run a predefined number of wafers. Furthermore, the tool is equipped with a sender cassette stop and the tank will be refilled automatically from the resist bottle. The over-full sensor prevents the reservoir from overflowing in case of a technical defect of the full sensor and stops automatic refilling. Thus, it guarantees maximum safety.
- Pressure regulation 0,1 mbar
- Gas filter 0,001 µm
- Resist filter according to customers specification
- Dispense volume +/-0,1ml or 10% accordingly
Retrofits of non-amcoss tools
When retrofitting other OEM tools with our trap tank system a controller with touch panel is added to the existing equipment. The track output triggers the PLC which controls the dispense valve.
- Easy to clean
- Customized size of reservoir (20 ml to 250 ml) enables multiple series dispense
- No waste of resist due to efficient filling procedures
- Bubble formation is avoided because resist enters at top and exits at the bottom of the trap tank
- Handling of small resist samples possible
- Exceptionally reliable, cost-efficient and low-maintenance due to a reduced number of mechanical parts
- Dispense of high viscosity resists up to 14.000 cps
- No high pressure in dispense line which avoids segregations of solvents in photoresists as well as the formation of striae and spots
Perfect resist storage
Fully automated, controlled resist storage
and supply on demand
The amcoss resist storage unit is the perfect system for save, easy and controlled resist storage. With its very flexible and adjustable shelves a wide variety of resists and bottles made of various materials can be stored and supplied exactly at the point of demand. The boxes in the storage chamber can be cooled/tempered with temperatures varying between 5 °C and 20 °C. After selection of the requested resist type the locker system automatically opens the corresponding door. A weighing system automatically recognizes the removal of the bottle.
All this guarantees safe resist storage and constant resist quality at full control of stock requirements, inventories, and resist properties.
Full control: each bottle can be selected and managed by the relevant module of the comfortablesoftware. All necessary parameters can be adjusted and will be logged into the software.
SECS/GEM interface: the tool can be equipped with a SECS/GEM interface or other customized protocols. Connection to an ERP management system enables on time automatic ordering. This ensures constant availability of the resists.
High-quality hardware: taking proven high-quality, standard industry-components ensures reliability in operation, long lifetime, good serviceability and a very attractive price-performance-ratio.
Safe: designed according to the newest safety rules.
- Resist supply on demand
- Temperature controlled and logged
- Material report, temperature diagram etc.
- FIFO storage
- Storage shelves may be adapted to the shape of the required bottles
- Personalized or tool-controlled supply
- Minimum inventory of each resist definable
- Expiration date definable
- Integrated hand-scanner and label printer
- Different sizes depending on volume
Individually selectable, useful options for
Our fully automated amcoss resist storage system is available in different sizes with a varying number of lockers and may be equipped with additional, individually selectable intelligent features which make the handling of all storage processes even more comfortable, safe, and easy. These options can be chosen by the customer according to his individual needs or process requirements. So, we are able to create a storage unit meeting the specific needs of every single client.
- RFID log-in system
- Handheld barcode scanner
- Message system via push e-mail or SMS
- Adaption to ERP system
- Smartphone app (prospective)
- Barcode or RFID sticker printing system
- Different machine sizes depending on volume
- Advanced user-management
- Cleanroom compatibility
- Optional customer specific MES Interface
- Power supply: 230V 50/60Hz 16Amp
- Refrigerant: R134A
- Bottle transport: X-Y handling system with smooth motion